6/22/09

Weekend recap...

First off, I had a wonderful weekend at home. Makes me wish I could stay home longer than just 2 days. Just chilled and relaxed with the rents. Did a little shopping, and ate good food.

I totally surprised my parents by showing up on their doorstep. I rang the doorbell, my parents said they weren't going to answer since it was late evening before I got back and they were worried it was going to be door to door salespeople (and they can't speak english well). :) My dad answered the door after I continually pressed the doorbell...totally surprised, and kinda freaked out cause I didn't say I was coming home. "Surprise!" hehehe, it totally worked.

On a random side note, the journal that I submitted to wrote back to my PI and said that the references needed to be fixed. O_O The thing they wanted me to fix, anything listing more than 6 authors had to be "et al...".

The thing is that this stipulation was never mentioned on the author submission website, you had to CLICK on some random link to get to this random 6 author bit. UGH! Since I submitted before to this journal, I had used the same reference style and double checked the example formatting they had. Everything looked good...other than this obscure thing. :P Talk about picky...

Anyways, hope everyone had a great weekend! I need to catch up on my google reader sometime tomorrow...

4 comments:

Andhari said...

Awww wasn't your dad so psyched? It's father's day after all! Glad you had a relaxing one!:)

Anonymous said...

glad the surprise worked out. yay!!

cool on getting published!! i know that's big-time in the academic world.

Moonjava said...

@Andhari
Thanks, and yep, he was! And yes, I loved LOVED being home.

@K13
:) It was fun! Thanks, yes publishing is nice, but you know what would be even nicer, if I could graduate! :P

Bayjb said...

Aww I love those kind of surprises. I did that once to my dad and he nearly passed out from shock, pleasantly.