12/29/09

Avatar Messages...SPOILERS

SPOILER ALERT! Don't read this post if you haven't and would like to see the movie.

I went and saw it this past weekend! First off, the special effects were awesome! I was willing to wait to watch this one on DVD/TV when it came out, but ended up watching it on 3D instead. I loved trying to figure out what each creature was based on in real life and was super amused when most of the "new" creatures had more arms/feet/appendages. I guess the creators thought that any more different and we wouldn't realize which animals they were supposed to represent.

Now I know quite a few reviews have come out since this movie debuted and pretty much confirmed all of my suspicions in terms of "messages". The main messages being "save the environment", "war", and "ethnicity", etc. While I did like the movie, mostly due to it's awesome CGI effects and the actual avatars, I thought that the messages of the movie was a tad excessive (as in how obvious they were).

Also some parts I thought were a tad excessive for kids - violence (there were kids sitting around us)...

I know some of you may not agree but I prefer watching a movie like this without a "pushing" of ideas UNLESS that was my intended purpose for going.

Overall, it was still an enjoyable experience. What did you all think of the movie?

2 comments:

Nashe^ said...

Okay I have yet to watch it, so I scrolled all the way down! :D

Moonjava said...

:) Lol, well let me know when you see it!