11/19/09

When it rains it pours...

First off thanks for all the comments on my roommate situation! I'm hoping to address all the questions, etc in this post.

Before that update though, I need to get out my frustration from this entire week. Seriously, in the future I should know that if something goes wrong...and badly, it's not a good omen for the rest of the week. For the most part, I tend not to be superstitious but I can't discount that when the beginning of the week starts out badly...nothing ever really goes "right" the rest of the week. Just different degrees of crappiness with maybe a momentary relief here and there. LAB sucks right now! That's all I can say without getting upset all over again...And it has to happen during the start of a big experiment, just when I'm feeling motivated again and that everything will go right and I'll get my data on the portion of KIWI (thesis research). BAM! Something that deflates you quicker than a needle to a balloon. My PI says to continue and maybe everything will work out. I'm hoping that's so because I really can't afford to repeat this (both for my sanity and because I don't have a lot of samples to play around with).

Ok, sorry for that momentary VENT fest. Time for the real purpose of this post. Update on the roommate situation.

So that night I get home, and the roomie is already home in the toilet (and she told me that she'd been in there for 2 hours). I SO did not need to know that. She then lays down on the couch and complains that she's woozy and sick because she has strep, a yeast infection...and some other infection *rolls eyes* HUH, really...I wonder why?

I started off the conversation about the morning and checking to see if we were still on the same page.

Her: I want to respect what we talked about before you moved in... (I hear the BUT...)
Me: Yeah, as I said before I don't mind 2-3 nights a week (which when we first talked was only 1-2)
Her:I thought it was ok since he's here late at night and we're not in the communal area...pauses...oh wait, we were in the living room for a while...
Me: Crickets chirping...Sorry you're not going to hear me say...oh yeah...that's alright with me...

Me: Oh, yeah and I was totally relieved when you told me that he wasn't here this morning (rolls eyes internally). I thought about it and I'm not comfortable if, for future purposes, if you're not here and he is. I mean, I haven't even met him yet.
Her: Oh, yeah, I know. I would never do that. Don't worry. (HECK no, I was giving you an out to fess up...what did you do...you continue to lie...)

I repeat this part a few times...hopefully that will stick. And I was totally expecting her to say "Oh, well then I'll introduce you..." The unspoken would be "so that then you wouldn't mind him staying over right?"...To my surprise, she doesn't say that at all. No offers to introduce. Is she that insecure that she's afraid of introducing another girl to the guy...come on, I'm the roommate, not a girl who's after your guy (NOR do I want him).

Her: Well, you know you mentioned the dogs kept you up late at night, and I should spend more time with them (Well then take them with you)...
Me: I can invest in earplugs, don't worry about it.
Her: Oh we checked out where he lived and you have to pay $500 a dog, blah blah blah...and my dogs are tiny...
Me: Jokingly I'm sure you can sneak them in if you really want.

I also asked if she could let me know on the 2-3 nights he plans to stay over to send me a quick text to let me know. I said to her that she knows how I dress when it's only the 2 of us at home, thin pj bottoms and a t-shirt (no bra...). I was like if a guy is here, I'd want to dress more formally...aka, put on a bra, some sweats, etc. She SAYS she understands...this coming from a girl that goes around in short short and white tanks with too much showing...

Now all of this I said with a "smile" in my voice...you know friendly. Hoping that she would take it that way. Asked her how things were going with the guy, whatever.

Finally, I say again "I hope you aren't offended, I'm not trying to prevent you from having a social life or anything." She says "Oh, I understand...and it's alright or something like that..."

Later on that night, I realized that she left to sleepover at the guy's place...even though she's sick and has infections...LOL, time for those earplugs which I had already purchased that night. :) They work to a certain extent, but I still wake up around 5 am.

So now the question if she'll actually do what we talked about or is she going to attempt to sneak the guy in and lie time after time about...

Wish me luck since I've had the crappiest week ever...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man... :S What a roommate. I'm with you on that frustrating week of yours. :( I was hoping that since it was Thursday, my bad week would start to lighten up...nope not yet. :( Feel better!!

Steph said...

oh gosh, dont read The Secret! I know what you're saying..why does it all hit at once :(

Moonjava said...

@maitai
Good luck with your week! Yeah, we're hoping that today was the start of a good week.

@Steph
Not a clue. But you gotta keep going forward I guess...

Secret Sylvia said...

Sounds like you handled things in a very respectful manner. Hope things start looking up.

Anonymous said...

She sounds like the roommate from hell. sorry!!